Tuesday, June 13, 2006

17th Taiwan Golden Melody Awards

I supposed to write something about this in last few days, but I didn’t. Why? Dunno leh…why I didn’t write?? Have been questioning myself…until requested by Yan Ting. So, this post is considered as write upon request?? Haha…whatever. At least, I recorded this meaningful moment in my blog.

Congrats to Lee Hom!!! Why?? Question again. Lee Hom won the Best Male Singer in 17th Taiwan Golden Melody Awards on 10 June 2006 for his latest album, Heroes of Earth. This is the second time he wins for this award after his winning for Revolution in 1999.

Any one remembers what happened to Lee Hom in the 16th Taiwan Golden Melody Awards? Karen Mok announced ‘Wang Li….’ and Lee Hom went on to the stage as he thought he was the winner. But…Karen had pronounced the winner’s name wrongly. It supposed to be ‘Huang Li Xing’ instead of ‘Wang Li Xing’. And me, a loyal Lee Hom’s supporter had shouted happily like mad in front of the tv because I thought it was Lee Hom too. I think it was SSSSSOOOOOOoooo embarrassing when Lee Hom found out that he was not the winner when he was already on the stage. At that moment, so many people down the stage opened their mouth wide and dunno how to react, obviously this included me.

Ok, fine. The winning of the award this year marks that every single embarrassing moment had flushed away. And now, Lee Hom is the Best Male Singer of the year! Muahahaha~~~ I’m so happy! Again, congratulations to Lee Hom.

*Photo: Lee Hom and next to him is Tanya Chua, the Best Female Singer.

Edited version of my post:

Bad enough. There are some people (yes, including media) trying to misinterpret Lee Hom’s speech on GMA. Does that interpretation mean what Lee Hom trying to say? The worst is the media are trying to misleading more people on Lee Hom’s speech. Nah…Lee Hom is not that kind of person as written in the news paper. I’m not going to write anything on the misinterpreted version of Lee Hom speech in my blog. I just hope that person as smart as you, yes…I mean you,the one who reading this now, will not believe the edited version of speech by the media.

Wanna know what’s Lee Hom’s explanation on this? Please visit his friend’s vlog: http://www.im.tv/vlog/personal.asp?FID=40341&Memid=206399

No comments: