Friday, February 09, 2007

Unexpected

Unexpected. I thought I might fail chemistry. However, I got the highest mark for that particular module. I’m not writing this to show off…I’m just trying to express my unexpectedness. I glad to know that my hard work was not wasted. Mr Khoo should feel happy that I’m not holding a knife or perhaps a parang chasing over him. Thanks to Essentials of Organic Chemistry, written by Paul Dewick. That’s the bible of biochemistry, it’s a must have book if you are studying pharmacy in University of Nottingham, just like me.

So, we can continue carry out our internship plan in Manchester on this coming summer. Finally received the offer letter on yesterday. I have about four months time, before saying bye bye to Malaysia. Really can’t imagine that I’ll be leaving so soon. I’m gonna enjoy these four months, eat whatever I like, buy whatever I admire, and do whatever I want. Erm…I’ll control a bit…to prevent myself from getting fat and broke! I had already received lots of warning tat it’s easily to grow fat in overseas…I’m gonna be extra careful on this. My mom is damn funny…she converts my pay for internship to ringgit Malaysia and said: “Wah, you are going to earn 1k ++ per week in uk, that’s really a lot!!” I guess she forgot that I’m going to spend in pounds, which is 7x higher than Malaysia Ringgit.

4 comments:

suayhwa said...

congratulation. now no more 7++, just 6.8++. if you know the way to save money, 200+- pounds per week are more than enough, maybe can also cover accommodation.

don't eat too much chocolate, especially during winter, then you are fine.

wish you luck.

Anonymous said...

Congrats!
I have so many things to study. Omg... and I'm still coming home for CNY!
Haha!
Tell your mom it doesn't work that way.
I'll tell you how much I'm earning from GS next time. Muahaha!

huixin said...

suayhwa, i'll definitely control myself to stay far away from chocolates!!!

Jon Dee, you skip class??geng! what is GS?

Lulu said...

argh that depends on where you live..accommodation in manchester is actually quite expensive but living in london with £200 per a week (plus accommo) is pushing it :S unless you don't go out at all ¬¬