Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Life as a teacher

After enjoying holiday for two months, I started to work to kill my time. Oh ya, I have another 2 months of holiday to go and I started to miss my course mates and lectures, but not the hectic life.

Recently, I’m working in primary school, teaching various subjects. Actually, before holiday started, I planned to work in pharmacy to gain some experiences. However, I started to give up after went for interview in community pharmacy and didn’t receive any reply from them. Well, I don’t mind, cuz I’ll have lots of chances to work in pharmacy, in future.

Nowadays, I’m facing kids everyday. Yes, everyday. Amazingly, I started to like this job which I hate a lot in the beginning (first started to teach as part time in 2004). Although they are always noisy and naughty, I do find that they are actually quite adorable. If they are a piece of white paper, then the teacher will be the artist to paint it. They feel amazed with the outside world and they are trying to learn more on every single day. Being a teacher, my responsible is to tell them more about this world and lead them to the right path. I actually enjoy a lot at the moment they say ‘Good morning, teacher’ when I reach school in the morning; ‘Hello, teacher’ when they see me walking around in the school; ‘Good bye, teacher’ when I go home. Their sincere smiles do touch my heart. I dare say, being a teacher is not bad at all. Perhaps, I can consider teaching as my future career after I graduate. haha…

I think I’m getting more patience. Is this a good sign for a future pharmacist? I think I should include this when next time I write my resume. haha. Okla, that’s all for today. Tomorrow working again.

Photo: My students’ homework for Kemahiran Hidup. They were trying to make a train using some used bottles and cards. Well done, isn't it?

15 comments:

蓝玫瑰Emily said...

hehe
bet they are also thinkin that u are a adorable teacher too!

打妖者 said...

agree^^

卡門 said...

天我回母校載表姐的孩子放學,剛巧遇到老師,便和在教書的老師打招呼。突然裡面的同學一起稱我老師,讓我受寵若驚。老師跟他們說,我是記者不是老師,結果這些學生就起哄要我的簽名。老師問他們為什麼要我的簽名,學生們就答,因為從來沒有看過記者,所以想要簽名。學生們不斷舉手問一堆問題,哈哈,讓我初嚐老師與學生的互動。

huixin said...

只要他们不讨厌我,我就心满意足了。

Anonymous said...

haha hihi 杨老师。。。。哈哈!!!在学校我叫你傻婆。。。not angry?????Anyway continue teaching if you like haha....

huixin said...

Darling Aun Chian,我才没有那么小气!不过,你这个笨学生的确很不给面子。

Anonymous said...

hello...Teacher Yong..Am I really stupid???Haha still can see you until Tuesday your'bf'.....didn't find you???? I met him in MSN and he say him class is starting so not teaching anymore..Tomorrow got essambly so wear your 老花眼镜haha bye.

huixin said...

Yes, u r stupid becuz tat's not 老花眼镜but近视眼镜. I always find my bf, we are always BEST FRIEND!!!你是妒嫉还是羡慕,my darling Aun Chian?

Anonymous said...

bf stands for BOY FRIEND not Best friend larrrr....Ok I know I am stupid and cannot differentciate 老花眼镜and近视眼镜....But at your age you must be wearing 老花眼镜 lorrr...And your darling is 郑老师 not me larr..HAHA bye

huixin said...

My darling Aun Chian, my definition for bf is always BEST FRIEND!!And who is 郑老师??i dunno this person la!

Crayn Tay said...

wei wei hui xin..teaching....so good.. i also wan to try but no one wan me to teach.. haha ... the headmaster don wan ,me...

Anonymous said...

hwakang lor

huixin said...

Crayn, you want me to help u ask my headmistress or not?? want to come and interview?? haha

Darling Aun Chian, i really don't have a friend whose name is hwakang or 郑老师.

piggy said...

hehe, seems like u enjoyed teaching so far. kids can be really cute sometimes.

can't wait to see u again when term starts =)

huixin said...

I miss you too...hope our semester will start very soon.