Saturday, March 17, 2007

annual dinner

The annual dinner of University of Nottingham will be held on 13 April at Shangri-la Hotel. I went for the last year’s dinner which held in another 5 star hotel in KL. I remember that I blog something about that night. You can check my blog history about that, I think the dinner was held on April of last year.

When an info pass from one person to next, then pass to another, the original info seems to become twisted. Well, to make everything clear, I think it would be the best that I could explain everything on my own.

Yes, I decided not to go to the annual dinner.

Reason 1: I don’t really like a prom night. It is just a night for me to spend a lot of time and money to dress up myself and act elegantly. I don’t really like the atmosphere of prom night. Ok la…. I admit that I’m ‘cho loh’ la. I know it’s a night that I can make lots of new friends, but I’m sure that there is lots of way to know someone new.

Reason 2: Last year’s experience was bad. Last year’s annual dinner was my first prom night, but it wasn’t nice. I could remember clearly that the evening was raining, and we spent hours stuck in the jam. Ya, Zifu and Huilee, I’m sure you two remember very well about that too. The food was bad, I think the best dish was the fruit platter. Yes, no joke. I really didn’t expect such ‘delicious’ food from one of the most high class hotel in KL. I really feel disappointed for spending rm100 for the ticket and having such quality of food. In addition, I think that night was boring. By the way, I did enjoy the photo snapping session with my pharmacy gang. We do know very well on self-entertaining.

Reason 3: Rm100 for a ticket is not a small amount. As I am leaving for UK in a few months time, I think I wanna save money for preparation. I have a long list of items to buy, and yet, I have limited budget only. Therefore, I really need to spend wisely.

Well, I did borrow a dress from my cousin before she left for Australia to continue her second year. But, I didn’t buy a dress for this annual dinner. I borrowed it for her because I thought I might want to go. By the way, after considering for twice or more, I don’t think I want to go. I remember I said that I’m looking for a dress and I’ll continue to look for it because I don’t have a dress for formal event. However, this dress is not for this annual dinner. I just want to buy one and bring over to UK.

That’s all for today. Enough to blog about annual dinner.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you should get your dress over here in the UK!
It's cheaper and much nicer! lol

huixin said...

izzit??? then u should intro some to me!! haha