Wednesday, October 18, 2006

A Wednesday

A day started at 9.05a.m. I don’t mean that my class started at 9. Well, my lectures suppose to start at 9 and I suppose to be sit in the lecture hall (room, I suppose?) before 9. Nope, I actually woke up at 9.05 on this special day. Special enough, cuz my record of never skip class is broken. Oh NNNNOOOOOOOOO!!!! How can this record be broken??!! Not purposely wanna skip class, ok?! Gotta blame my alarm…cuz it didn’t ring!! It supposes to wake me up at 7 and it didn’t do its good job! Ok, it’s time to ‘pecat’ my alarm.

Got into the car in 15 minutes (less than 15 mins, I think), 4 times faster than usual (usually takes 1 hour…haha). Luckily I’m able to get on time for Professor Tendler’s class. Dunno the spelling for his name correct or not. He is quite scary…with serious face..and will scold u if u r late for class. Some more, he is the Head of Pharmacy school, so we must behave ourselves. Is this means tat we no need to behave in other lecturers’ class?? Nonono…we are good students, ok?! We had 3 and a half hours of NMR with him, when the lectures end, the only word I can describe the lectures is ‘headache’! In case you don’t know what NMR is, it stands for Nuclear Magnetic Resonance. Still don’t know what is it? I would say, it’s complicated stuff that is too difficult to be understood.

I might be in UK in about 9 months time cuz Boots the Chemist is offering every single student in my course for 8 weeks internship during next year summer. So, Xiuqi and Emily, both of you won’t be seeing me in a few years time if you don’t come back in next year’s summer, before I leave. Hwa Khang, I definitely will miss you, and Khoi Choong, you too. Aik~~gone too far, gotta back to the topic. After a few family meetings with my family members (oh ya, a few of us who decided to go to the same place together had form a family), we decided to choose Manchester as our first choice and Birmingham the second. My dear family members: Lou Po (wife in Cantonese), daughter, and maid, we have to stay strong and tahan lasak in Manchester. By the way, why do you all choose me as Lou Kong (husband) aka the head of the family since I’m the youngest member of the family? Fine, I’ll try to be a responsible Lou Kong and protect u all! (So, who’s gonna protect me??) I’m definitely going to take the internship, provided that I pass all the papers. Note, I MUST PASS all papers…this seems a bit difficult if blurriness continues in our biochem lectures. Not blaming our beloved Mr Tweety, but I really miss Dr Doughty a lot. Dear Dr Doughty, without your assistance, I think we gonna drown in the sea of carbon.

Ok la, enough for today. Tomorrow I’m not going to miss the swimming session. So, I’ll make sure my alarm works!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

erm...means u leaving in July lor?

huixin said...

not really...cuz i haven't receive reply from boots

Aik Wye Goh said...

good students?right.....XD

hey!dont insult our beloved mr khoo.lol. hes new in lecturing. give him sometime and he'll be just fine. but i dont really miss doughty's lectures. i tend to fall asleep in his class. XD

huixin said...

i didn't insult him la!i respect him!!!! i know it's not easy to teach.

Anonymous said...

wat happended to dr doughty?he not teaching u all anymore??

Aik Wye Goh said...

huixin:lol, sorry abt that. but ppl should really attend his class. i think hes not bad actually. he made it clear abt the mechanisms after explaining long enough.

zifu: hes still teaching. its just that hes not lecturing us anytime soon.