Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Customer service

Got told off in Costa Coffee in a rude and sarcastic way for eating my own-made sandwich even though I am drinking their coffee that I have purchased from their shop. Well, I was not aware that I am not allowed to eat my own sandwich and I do not mind someone to remind me not to do so. However, the way that I was being told did really make me felt like leaving the coffee bar immediately and do not spend a single penny in any of their shop in the future.

In this case, they prevented the loss of a sandwich (max 4 pounds) today and also prevented me from spending for 100 cups (probably 200 pounds?) of coffee at their store in the future. Don't get me wrong, I am not arguing that I was right, I might be wrong. My points is, the poor customer service (the way he spoke to me) just make me not spend a single penny at their shop and spend my money at their rival, ie Starbuck or Cafe Nero. Can you see the importance of customer service? Even though they might have good product, but poor customer service does make them lose their customers. So, this leads them to become the biggest loser!

Customer is always right. Even though not always, but most of the time. Giving them a better service do make them come back. Loser, good luck to you in the future. I will not spend a penny at your shop in the future!

No comments: