Saturday, April 19, 2008

Amsterdam I

Well…gotta start my stories about my trip to Amsterdam + Paris during Easter. So, this is Amsterdam! The Netherland is famous for these shoes!

We were pretty lost in finding our way in the first day. Amsterdam is so new to us and we are not familiar with Dutch! Luckily most of the people in Amsterdam could understand English. They are very friendly and willing to help us to find our way. And we found this, Dam Square, the symbolic of Amsterdam city centre.

@ Dam Square. You need to pay to take picture with them…I’m too stingy to pay them, so I didn’t take any pic with them…haha

Canal view, classic scenary of Amsterdam.

We were so smart! We went to line up for the Anne Frank house, but at the end didn’t go in…hahaha

Amsterdam Tulip Museum. The museum is so small…only display some pictures and a few species of tulips.

And me, with my ‘dai che’ (Cantonese) look inside the tulip museum.

The super expensive toilet at Amsterdam Central Station with €0.50 per entrance. €0.50 = RM 2.50

Roast duck rice as dinner. Taste? Ok la….Sun Ming Kee Restaurant, which is located at somewhere near my home in KL is better.

Well, we did go to Red Light District after our dinner. But, I have no photos for that cuz photography is not allowed in that area. By the way, we went there too early (around 8 something), nothing much to see yet. Should have go later, but we are just too tired and wanted to have a nice sleep. That’s all for today…will blog more soon.

4 comments:

George said...

Eat Duck Rice ? OMG~~~ heehee... So nice u can travel T_T my beijing trip cancel cause all my money Dumb into my car >_<"

no money liao haha... now saving money go korea... end of the year... kakaka

ZhiHao Chua said...

public toilets in venice is 1euro~ n my fren went!

huixin said...

George,you can go again next time la. dont worry, Beijing won't run away! Beijing is a place that you must visit...damn a lot of things to see!!

Zhihao, wow..i didnt know that toilet in Venice is so much more expensive!!

scyxav said...

Oh, the toilet tariff is 1 Euro in Venice now? Goodness, it was only 70 Euro cents back in 2006, and I was already complaining. Anyway, Venice is purely a tourist trap, so prices there are always skyhigh. A 500ml bottle of mineral water was 1.20 Euro back then, so I reckon it should be 1.50 Euro by now. Anyway, if you drop by Amsterdam again, eat at a chinese restaurant called Nam Kee. It is directly opposite the Chinese Temple in the Chinatown. The food there is really good.